Sunday, August 23, 2009

We're Back!

We are finally back from our vacation and I am happy to say that everyone had a great time!! We all survived the 12 hour car ride both ways...Bailey was SUCH a trooper...she hardly complained about being stuck in the car for so long at all. The house we stayed in was so nice and right across the street from the beach. I hate to say that we had a pool at our house and didn't use it once, but we went to the beach everyday it was sunny.

Bailey LOVED the beach and was loving the sand and making sand castles with her daddy. We also did lots of shopping. Destin has a great outlet mall and all sorts of other shopping...one of my favorite finds was a sweater I bought from the cutest shop right on the beach in Seaside just a block from our house. We also did tons of eating....I was definitely at the gym this morning trying to work off the key lime pie and pizza and donuts...if it was unhealthy you name it we had it! I also had BLUEBELL ice cream which was such a treat since they don't have it in St Louis and I have missed it ever since I moved away from Texas long long ago! We did learn a few things while on our trip. 1) We should stay in a hotel next time. While the house we stayed in was beautiful there were many things that I didnt love. Like when you stay at a hotel you just walk out to the beach and there are umbrellas and chairs already set up and waiters to bring you fruity drinks. We had to carry our big chairs and towels and everything to the beach which was not far at all from our house but it just wasnt convenient. Plus the house had 3 levels and it was just a lot of stairs. To top it off there were quite a few bugs in the house and on Friday Matt found a salamander on our bed. Needless to say we left a day early:) (There was also really terrible weather the last day so the salamander wasn't the only reason). Here are just a few of the bizillion pictures we took...hope everyone else had a great week too!

Ms. B

Bailey at the beach


This is what happens when your husband takes your daughter to build a bear...a dog named Ruff Ruff with a football uniform, helmet, cleats, and football:)


Bailey and Matt....Bailey just loves to pose!



Bailey and I in Watercolor..once again Bailey posing so great for the camera:)


Bailey looking at the camera..woo hoo!!!!!


On the way home with an icky storm in the background. Those of you who know me know that I was not very happy at this point of the trip....I do not heart scary storms. But of course I didn't show it because I don't want Bailey to be a scaredy cat like me!!!
It was such a great trip but I think we are all happy to be (in a salamander free) home!

1 comment:

  1. so glad y'all had a great time!!!! come down here and get some bluebell ice cream soon! :)

    ReplyDelete