Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The Red Room

When Matt and I moved into our house almost 6 years ago my taste and style (as far as my house is concerned) was totally different. I liked a lot of bright colors and would definitely say that Matt and I were both into more of a contemporary look. One of our first purchases when we bought our house was a really nice dining room table and chairs. We got them from an ultra contemporary furniture store and we were really happy with them. We decided to paint our dining room a red color...we didnt exactly want red red but thats pretty much what we got. If I could go back in time and smack my 23 year old self in the head and tell myself not to do it I would!!!! Im sure I thought at the time that it would be years before I would want to repaint and I would just deal with it when the time came...but omg...painting over a dark color is the worst!! I have only done one wall and it took like 3 coats of primer.

Anyways here is a before picture:


Im not showing a picture of the whole room because it is pretty much torn apart because of the repainting that is going on. I am also going to recover the chairs which is something I have never done before so wish me luck.


Im not sure what I am doing with these yet but Im tired of the black...any ideas??


In other random news:


  • I saw Harry Potter the other day and it was so good! Whenever someone would ask us what we were going to see of course Matt says, "Harry Potter, because Stephani has read all the books." Yes you can blame my dorkiness on the fact that you are getting "dragged" to see Harry Potter but you know you have seen them all and have enjoyed them all..
  • I finished reading "The Shack" and it is an awesome book! The beginning was kind of hard to get through...not because it was boring but because of the subject matter..but it ended up being so good.. Now I am reading the "Beach House" which is definitely what I need now, an easy fun book!
  • We got a Mac! And I have to say that it is soooo great...but I feel a little sorry for my little old computer with its smaller screen..which is why I am on my old one right now..I know Im kind of weird that way..

Thats about it...oh and no Bailey pics...she doesn't sit still so its kind of hard to get a picture of her these days!! But I'll keep trying!

2 comments:

  1. ooooh i'm glad you wrote about the dark paint color...that will be a good motivation for us to not do that! as for the chairs, i'd reupholster them in a cool patter than ties all the colors together...

    yay for getting a mac! they're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i remember coming to your house after you had lived in it like 5 months and you had just gotten that furniture for the red "dining room" I loved it but can understand why you would want to change it up after 6 yrs. i can't believe its been that long. CRAZY!!!!

    ReplyDelete